Are you worried that someone might steal or infringe upon your intellectual property? Protect your business with advice from Collective Hub lawyer Jamie White.
Legal advice and protecting your business can be a minefield and a huge expense for a new business. However, the importance of protecting your brand and intellectual property cannot be underestimated at any stage of operating a business.
Learn from one of Australia’s leading intellectual property and technology lawyers, Jamie White of Pod Legal as he teaches the fundamentals of trademarks (and why they matter), how to safeguard your business/brand and how to protect, manage and profit from your IP.
This is your chance to gain a solid understanding of your IP rights, so that you can avoid common pitfalls and stay ahead of the game. Learn it all in a fun, inspiring environment amongst other business owners and brand builders.
What you’ll learn:
- – What IP is and why it’s important
- – How to identify and recognise your own IP
- – Why doing preliminary trademark searches before choosing a brand name is so important
- – How your brand strategy might be affected by pre-existing trademarks
– At what stage of your business you need to be considering trademarks
– Advantages of trademarking your key brand names and logos
– How to apply for a trademark
– How to maintain and manage your trademarks
– What to do if you believe your trademark rights are being infringed upon
– How to enforce your intellectual property rights
– How and why to trademark your brand overseas
– What to do when someone rips off your hard-earned work
– Determine what your confidential information is and how to protect it
– The KEY things that should be in your contracts that most founders ignore
Who is this masterclass for?
– Business owners and their directors
– Brand managers
– Business advisers and the senior management team who want to protect and properly exploit their intellectual property
Jamie is owner and solicitor director of Pod Legal
Jamie White is one of Australia’s leading intellectual property and technology lawyers. He owns and operates Pod Legal, an innovative and award-winning law firm, with offices in Melbourne and on the Gold Coast. Jamie has taught at universities, written for many publications, and provided expert commentary for various national media organisations. He covers all things branding, trademarks, technology, e-commerce, social media, privacy and the law. You will find White where the worlds of technology and law collide, making his best efforts to stay at the forefront of the law.